Monday, February 1, 2016

The First Tiyul,

2-1-16
                                                             The First Tiyul
Today we experienced our first Tiyul. We went to Gezer , which used to belong to the Cannaanites. I was dazzled by the history we experienced and the incredible view we saw, completed with green rolling hills. When I came on this trip I knew that every day I would be lucky enough to see history every day, but it truly hit me today.  We literally sat where these people we were learning about walked. One thing that I realized was that , things that could just look like a pile of stacked up rocks , had so much more to it. These " stacked up rocks," were incredible inventions that protected a city and innovated technology. The large hole used to fill up with water especially startled me. The amount of time it would take to build these kind of things is insane. I am looking forward to experiencing history day by day being in this beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment