Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Expectations for Gadna and Masada

2-10-16


                   Next week we will be taking a week long journey to Gadna.  Gadna is army base in Israel and we will be experiencing what basic training is like in the army. I like many others, am nervous , but I do believe that it will all be worth it in the end. I hope that I will be able to get the most out of the experience. I want to be able to focus on the positives. We have been told many times that this is a once in lifetime experience and I think that is the whole point of this trip. I want to do things that greatly change who I am as a jew. I knew that being in the army was hard, but I think I will have new respect for the people in Israel for joining a organization like the IDF. We will also be spending some time at Masada and hiking it. I am not a huge fan of hiking , but I have also heard about the amazing sunrise and I think it will be ANOTHER , once in a lifetime experience, which goes along with the whole point of being in Israel. Learning new things about myself and this beautiful country I am in. We will also spend a night in a bedouin tent, which will be really incredible. One thing I am realizing about this trip is that , in one week we can experience something or more than one thing that some people will never. I am starting to realize how lucky I am because of this experience. Some people In my town have never left the Midwest or let alone Madison Wisconsin. Traveling here is making me grow each day. I am forever grateful for everything I am learning and experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment