Sunday, February 28, 2016

Judaism and Intermarriage.... My thoughts

2-14-16

    Today In Jewish history we talked about the aspect of intermarriage in the Jewish community and in the reform movement.  The reform movement is generally more accepting of the concept of someone marrying someone who is not Jewish and the rule of a child technically not being Jewish if their mother is. Today this discussion got me thinking about the whole concept of love and Jewish tradition.  I am extremely grateful for being part of the reform movement because it allows me to be able to explore the different parts and aspects of how I and others view my religion. There are many debates on whether the reform movement is to accepting. When I think of love I , I generally do not think about the aspect of my religion , but as I start learning more about my religion it usually pops up in my head more. My religion and continuing my religion to my grandchildren and children is something that I wish to happen  and I am sure it will. It is hard to predict the future , but that is one aspect of love; it is hard to predict who you are gonna fall in love with . I do know that as I get older I start to realize that being Jewish is more than just going to synagague because of the history we have. Because I am starting to realize this I belive that no matter who I matter , I will for sure be raising my children Jewish

No comments:

Post a Comment