Monday, April 11, 2016

Learning about the modern period

4-11-16

Since we have been back from Poland , we have started off learning about the modern period of Jewish history. It has all begun from the rise of Zionism. We have learned about the belief in a Jewish state since I have came on EIE but it being the main part of our conversation has made me fully understand it. I know know why the Jewish people needed the Jewish state. We have also learned about the rise and fall and multiple aliyahs. These all tie into the idea of a jewish state. Seeing how this all happened is different from everything we have learned about in jewish history so far. We always go to the sites where the history happened but it feels different this time. Since we are in the modern period it seems to be more relatable. I have learned a lot of things here and they have made me proud to be jewish but since it is easier to relate I have been particularly interested in this. I feel more interested in something that has happened more recently

No comments:

Post a Comment