Wednesday, May 11, 2016

What It means to be part of the people of Israel ( the Jewish people)

5-10-16

Being Jewish has always taken on different meanings throughout my life,its transformed from just looking forward to presents on Hanukkah to having a bat mitzvah and then experiencing Jewish summer camp, something that truly has changed me in so many ways to the person I am today, then today being here on EIE has truly changed what it means for me to be part of the Jewish people, although EIE has been a huge influence on me , in the past couple years I have viewed what it means to be part of a the Jewish people so differently. I have had many things that have happened that have put things into perspective of how I view being a Jew. The Jewish people are part of something amazing. Not only because of how long we have survived, but we have a certain aspect to us that makes us incredibly strong willed and brave. We are a people who have this amazing ability to be so brave and stand up for what we believe but also be people who value being kind and making a difference. It is our responsibility to learn why we are this way, to look at our incredible history and take pride in being a people who have done incredible things. We are about one incredible thing , community.

No comments:

Post a Comment